Are you new to the DSLR world? Are you overwhelmed by all the tutorials out there and wish you had a support group to help you through it all? Well, you’ve come to the right place!
The Photo Ladies is a place where we can learn and grow in our photography endeavors together. The group can range from beginners who have never used their camera before to intermediates who want to brush up on their skills. The hope is that we’ll gather enough people with all different types of cameras so that we can eventually have smaller groups within our large ones for more specific support.
Here are the requirements for joining the challenge:
- I will send out the challenge on the 1st of each month.
- Please post your first challenge photos to your blog and/or Flickr group on the 15th of each month. Make sure to include the camera settings (ISO, f/stop, aperture) underneath each picture if you’re posting the challenges on your blog. And don’t forget to let us know what the hardest part of the challenge was!
- On the 16th of each month, I will send out a separate challenge (ie: shoot a vacant building during the day) where you have to use the techniques you learned in that months challenge.
- Please post your challenge photos to your blog and/or Flickr group on the 30th of each month. Make sure to include the camera settings (ISO, f/stop, aperture) underneath each picture if you’re posting about it on your blog.
- Try to not take photos of the same thing over and over again. The point of the challenge is to expand our knowledge of the camera and we can only do that if we’re going out and shooting different subjects. **The only exception to this rule is those of you who have children. You can shoot as many pictures of your children as you like as long as they are in different locations or doing something different in each photo.**
- You do not have to have a blog to participate in the challenge.
- There is a Flickr group for all of our photos where we can comment, ask questions, and share our experiences with those of us who don’t have a blog!
- Constructive criticism only. Any negative comments will be deleted. We are here to support each other!
If you would like to join the group, please add your information to this document. Your personal information will only be used to contact you with information about this challenge.
Come check out our Flickr group and see what awesome photos the Photo Ladies have been taking!